How to write a query letter…
- Do address your query specifically to an agent.
- Do state the title of your book.
- Do mention the word count and genre of your book.
- Do mention exactly why you’re approaching Ms. Agent.
- Do adopt the “proper” tone for your query letter.
- Do keep your query to one-page only.
The stand-alone query letter has one purpose, and one purpose only: to seduce the agent or editor into reading or requesting your work. The query letter is so much of a sales piece that you should be able to write it without having written a single word of the manuscript.
THANKS FOR READING…IT’S WRITE-IT WEDNESDAY!!!
Source: Writer’s Digest and Jane Friedman